View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:24 AM   #5
MeredithMan

Default Formula by a nose....

Like some of the others have stated, I've owned both. I had the predecessor to the R5, the Cobalt 250BR. I bought it used, (it was about 7 or 8 years old at the time), and kept it for 3 years. It was a great boat...it had the Big Block V8, (430HP), and Captain's Call exhaust. Fast, great ride, and it looked awesome.

After a few years with it, we decided we wanted something just a tad bit bigger. Ended up deciding on the Formula 270BR. This one also has the Big Block and looks great. I strongly considered the Cobalt R7, but ended up going Formula for a couple reasons. 1) The extended swim platform option on Formula is great. Gives you a ton of extra room out there. 2) We really like the way the Formula seat backs adjust forward and backward. This allows you to easily change the seating configuration for forward-facing or rear-facing. 3) Totally personal preference, but we like the rear sun lounging seat better on the Formula. 4) Minor thing, but the stow-away table on the Formula screws into the floor, whereas on the Cobalt it's an arm assembly that comes out on an upward curve from under the rear seats. 5) Formula IMRON paint...not a marketing gimmick...it will last for years and not fade. 5) Lastly, we had a relationship with PBM, (we had bought the Cobalt used from them), and I cannot say enough good things about them.

After a couple seasons with the Formula, I also have found the ride to be a bit more solid, in my view, than that of the Cobalt.

Both are excellent choices and you can't go wrong with either one. I think it just comes down to personal preference on the features of each boat and the relationship / chemistry that you have with the dealer.

Good luck!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links