View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #46
bilproject

Default Nascar has become Slot Car Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I don't know that I agree that Nascar has peaked. I think the northeast was race starved for years, and when Loudon first started having the races, everybody was johnny on the spot and had to go... Much like when the patriots started winning...

There aren't as many continuous season ticket holders any more, I myself gave mine up, because quite honest it was getting too expensive. And well as the economy tanked, and gas prices went through the roof, I decided there was better things I could be doing with the money.

Once the economy improves, and gas price at least stabilize, I believe you will see Nascar at Loudon once again selling out. Sure it is not the most exciting race, but There is nothing like the tail gating experience at the track.

Its really about the extra income that people have. Right now everyone has tightened the belts, and between tickets and other expense, taking the family to Nascar, at 600$ or $700 dollars for the day, just doesn't make sense.
Being involved in racing since high school ( Dirt track stock cars and later 410 sprint cars) I enjoyed watching Nascar when it first came on TV up until a few years ago. Nascar has played with it's rules to much in an effort to make all the cars equal, and as a result the drivers just ride around waiting for the last 25 laps to make a move. This weekends race was a good example. If it were not for 3 questionable "debris cautions" you would have only seen 6 cars on the lead lap and 80K fans sleeping in the stands. The "lucky dog" is another joke where multiple drivers get back a lap they did not earn. What does Nascar do to try to bring back excitment? Shorten the races! Now we're bored for less time! I say scrap the car of Yesterday and have limited body and chassis rules, have Goodyear make a tire that only lasts a little longer than a fuel run and gives superior grip when new. Go back to a points system that rewards front runners and you'll not want to nap through another race. And oh yah get rid of the 1.5 mile cookie cutter tracks. Bring back or build tracks with character like the Rock where you can never find a setup thats perfect in every turn. We have 2 of the best tracks in the NE in Loudon and Dover. You can't beat a 1 mile track for large heavy stock cars and those are two of the best facilities. However, the scenery and food is better at Loudon. Plus it's another excuse to be at the Lake.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bilproject For This Useful Post: