View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #73
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Not quite true PBFF...How many of those alcohol related deaths and accidents also had marijuana in their system??... If a person is arrested for alcohol DWI they do not test for marijuana. Just because they don't test for it doesn't mean its not there.

This state as well as the entire country certainly does not have alcohol DWI under control and it IS a big issue. Now the state should legalize another impairment drug when they cant control the onge that's legal already??...I'm not sure I agree with that.

You and I both know that smoking a joint while drinking increases impairment ten fold or more...how do you stop the MANY irresponsible people who will smoke weed and drink then get behind the wheel of a car??

Hey, I have nothing against the responsible use of marijuana. Unfortunately our society is very irresponsible and making it legal will only give easier access to those who are not responsible.

I'll be honest, I'm on the fence on this issue but I do see and understand both sides of the argument...

Enjoy the weekend!!

Dan
In all fairness Dan, I did write 'fatal overdose', not deaths caused by idiots who get high and do stupid things. Personal responsibility is still paramount. You cannot fatally overdose from marijuana.
You and I both know it would take someone minutes to find and buy weed anywhere. It's been that way forever.
Decriminalizing small amounts won't make it any easier to obtain. It will actually lift a burden off law enforcement. They have much bigger problems to deal with like meth and heroin. That has been my observation and the opinion of many of my police officer friends, both state and local.

I plan on catching my first small mouth off the dock today. Water just hit 50 degrees here.
If you're on Paugus and you see smoke near Christmas Island it's just me burning leaves!