View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #58
ApS

Exclamation But The Effect IS Permanent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfrumbehavin View Post
It's diificult to make a strong argument when you consider that alchohol has been legal for as long as it has, and has done the damage that is has done. But as far as personal use is concerned, If you were to spend 1 hr with my nephew, and see the effect that it has on him, and his level of ambition and his attitude toward the world around him, WOW, that will scare you! There is a reason that they calll it DOPE! THe good news is the damage is not permanent, I have some proof of that. I have no issue with legalizing it, but I choose to not use. I have goals! And by the time I reach them I'll have more, That's what drives me forward!
Quote:
A study more than thirty years in the making found that smoking marijuana permanently lowers intelligence, or IQ. Frequent pot smokers (even those who had given up marijuana) tended to have deficits in memory, concentration, and overall IQ.

The reduction in IQ for those who smoked pot heavily prior to age 18 was most pronounced: an average of eight points. An eight point reduction in IQ is enough to have a significant, negative impact upon your life.

To put it into context, consider that individuals with an IQ of 110 have an average net worth of $71,000 and individuals with an IQ of 120 have an average net worth of $128,000.

It looks like smoking pot can lower your tax bracket.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbr...tly-lowers-iq/
Having seen it myself, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Would he say he's been "unaffected"?

The reason I ask, is that it troubles me that those "who gave it up" say they were "unaffected"—when they're in no position to give witness to their own condition.