View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
Grandpa Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonWhaler View Post
As the only "anti" in this thread, I'm genuinely curious as to why you feel this way. Do you feel the same way about alcohol?

For me, it has nothing to do about the fact that it's just a plant, tax revenue, or anything of the like. I don't partake and haven't since I was a teenager, but for me it's all about personal liberty... If someone wants to smoke a doob and munch down on some Oreos, what position does the government (or me, you, or anyone else) have, to have a say in it?

MJ has been proven to be beneficial for many (both medically and recreationally), and it has also been proven to be much safer than dozens of other legal substances. There is no rational reason why it should be an illegal controlled substance.

The fact that 60-70% of the voting public in NH are for legalization, and Madame Hassan feels she needs to go by her wants instead of her constituents' wishes, really drives me up the wall as well. The woman has a damn beer named after (and endorsed by) her... And she's saying this is "a bad influence on children"?? Gimme a break.
I agree with you BostonWhaler, I also don't use it, and I do believe it is about personal liberty, the less the gov is involved in our lives the better.