View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #12
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Please take a look around before you start thinking of reducing your own taxes as the State is basically falling apart
Is that from not enough tax revenue or wasteful government? I'll take wasteful government for a $1000, Alex. I am not a NH resident (yet!), so I do not claim to know all of it's financial business. However, basic money principles cross every state line. If government would stick to funding the essential functions of itself, you would not have parks and roads in disrepair.

This is about legalizing weed in NH, so I'll stay on topic and avoid the healthcare insurance bait. I bet a lot of roads could be fixed with weed tax revenue and I agree that many roads up there could certainly use it. As somebody who does not support most government social programs (SS and medicare are not included), I would even go as far to say that some of that tax revenue could be used for drug rehab programs and education. Weed use could certainly offer just as destructive consequences as anything else.

NH governs their liquor similar to how NC does it. We have county run ABC stores and it is the only place to buy anything other than beer or wine and those are in the grocery stores, too. I am not saying the state should also sell weed, but it sells alcohol and alcohol has done just as much if not more damage than weed ever has on a personal level. I am not counting the crime and violence that comes with underground weed enterprises.

Again, it comes down to money. Follow the money trail to almost everything. The government does not give a rats behind about you smoking marijuana. They just do not make any tax revenue off it like they do with alcohol or cigarette sales. It makes no sense to think that the government is looking out for your welfare about weed use while at the same time they are offering you alcohol and cigarettes right next to the highways as you drive to and from the lake.