View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
HomeWood

People are already smoking weed, buying it underground, and funding criminals all the way down the chain. Legalize, regulate it, and tax the snot out of it. It grows naturally and the only reason it is illegal is because there is no tax revenue from it. The same things go for "Moonshine" down here in NC. I think some of the attraction to it is just the fact it is illegal. If anybody can grow it, then there is little to no ciminal enterprise to go with it.

There may be a slight increase in usage because there will be people who want to try it or use it, but never wanted to risk criminal charges (smart). What happens if another plant is discovered to offer the same "high" as weed? What happens if it's discovered that smoking Dandy Lions will provide a high? I have libertarian tendencies and feel that adults should have the right to make their own decisions while leaving them to deal with the consequences on their own.

You can still be convicted of DWI (driving while impaired) if the impairing substance is weed. There is just no test to measure how much you had like there is for alcohol. A law could be made stating that no marijuana may in your system while driving. Marijuana lingers in the body, but I mean the immediate usage of it. An officer stops somebody and they are high, marijuana tests positive in a blood draw...boom, 0 tolerance then. This would include boats, atvs, and sleds.

The point is that it is already being used and the war against it is never going to be "won".