View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #496
trfour

Post Hi Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoonans View Post
I was going over the original posts of this thread and have a question for TRFOUR, from a post a long, long time ago:

Terry, was that a Laconia Airport Authority board meeting you reference, or a town board? And did they attempt to influence the altitude that Mr. Hemmel flew as a condition of granting his permission to use the airport?

The reason I ask is this: If it was the LAA, their "jurisdiction" ends the moment the wheels leave the ground. If the LAA attempted to prevent Mr. Hemmel from flying his aircraft below 12,500ft while snapping photos, guess what? They discriminated against him and his business.

The LAA cannot influence an aeronautical business operation as to what occurs above the airport in the sky regarding safety. It's really that simple. Once your off the ground you belong to the FAA and the FARs, not the LAA and the airport manager.

Why is that? Again, because no one on the LAA have any background in aviation safety analysis.

I'll give you another example: Let's say a direct neighbor of the airport got fed up with all of the shenanigans of the LAA and this process and called me and said "Tom, land here on my property next door". The very following day, we could file a NOTAM, and legally fly our skydiving aircraft directly over the top of the airport and exit the plane. We could open our parachutes and fly over the airport property (where it is the safest place to fly) and then land next door at the neighbors property. The LAA would be powerless to do anything. They don't own the sky and they certainly don't own the property beyond their property lines.

My point is this: Not that we want to do that at all, because we don't, but that the LAA's reign ends at their property line and as soon as the aircraft is off the ground.

I really wish I was around for that debate Terry. When was it? I would assume it would have been placed in the meeting minutes. I would love to forward that info to the FAA in Washington, D.C.

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,

Tom

WOW, we've all had a few birthdays since I asked Bill about that there. I never got an answer back from him on that one either, posted by me, to him on 01/16/2009, Post # 21, this thread...

Now, as I remember to the best of my recollection, it didn't take very long to find out just who was joshing, and who had all of the facts in hand at the very beginning of this thread!

So, maybe I was at fault that I didn't put a within that very question to Bill. Truth be known, I have absolutely no idea who and or what processes went into giving him his permissions to operate his business.
However, It was made very clear from the get-go here that Bill was totally against, and in opposition to seeing the Noonan's succeed in theirs.

In trying to find an ( entry level ), in Bill's way of thinking, I decided to pop a question his way to maybe facilitate a further understanding of his seemingly hypothetical, conjecture, to this point.

When it all comes wanting to educate, and soooo much more, this thread needs to be at the top of the heap, ( so to speak )!!!!
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote