Thread: Camp Iroquois
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
SOB

It was a great way to "meet" the lake, I am from RI, born in 1980, my grandparents had a place up there from the 1960's all the way until the end when it was sold. So since I was born, they were bringing me up to the Camp. They had a camper attatched to a full porch. It wasnt roughing it exactly, but it was nice, we would go up every summer several times for weeks at a time. I kept going until I was about 13 i'd say, then i stopped, found other interests back home I guess.

A funny thing happenned when I was 18 or 19, I went out and bought a Jetski to use in RI. I enjoyed it the first year, but my use of it dwindled the second year.. the next year I had it slipped in Lake Winnipesaukee, this is my 6th season back with it. Once you experience the lake, you always come back.

As for the old camp, its one of those parts of life that I can remember vivdly. I can remember every path we would cut through, the docks where we kept my grandfathers boat, the beach, the rec hall with the ping pong tables. Not too many places like that anymore. Looking to buy a vacation home on the lake in a year or two.. keep the family tradition alive..

thanks for the replies..
SOB is offline   Reply With Quote