View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #106
ITD

I stopped on the NB one this morning, vast improvement over the old rest area but I would have done a few things different.

Parking lot, too many turns and decisions, I was ok but the guy in front of me was confused, didn't like the turn he made and was trying to back up.

Gas station, they should have put it where the secondary parking is, further north on the property and made the first parking lot bigger. Most other rest areas are like this, bathrooms, food and stores first, then gas.

There is not a lot of parking in the lot opposite the gas pumps and if you choose the wrong aisle, you are screwed.

Signage needs to be better, I didn't know there was a second lot until I was getting back on the highway. When leaving, I saw a guy who picked wrong try to go up the other side, didn't look like it was going to work for him, had there been a sign pointing to more parking he probably would have just proceeded to the second lot. There may be a sign there, but I didn't see it.

The restroom was small, but I suppose it doesn't generate money, the store was massive, that generates money, didn't go to the liquor store.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote