View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #26
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Check your facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Garcia you are correct, it was not the owner but protestors. I wish people would deal in the facts, not what they heard on the latest conservative/liberal talk show. You are also correct re: the SC decision. If you doubt him Major just read the record.

I agree there is a growing lack of civility in our society. I can’t understand when it became appropriate to taunt/shout down/harass/assault someone because of their beliefs or exercising their right to free speech. What happened to informed discussion? I hate to say it because I know it will open a can of worms but, the guy who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave isn’t doing anything to bring civility back.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Sorry, read the Washington Times article about the Red Hen's owner behavior. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sanders-famil/

Also, I read the Decision, not some Wikipedia or NY Times summation of it. It's implications are larger than a "narrow" decision. Have you read it?

I think we agree that someone should be able to enjoy a night out without being accosted by political enemies. However, I do not think our President should do anything to bring civility "back" to politics, as if it ever existed in the first place. He has been derided since he took office. (Remember the women's march on January 21, 2017.) I love the fact he fights back and believes in what he's doing. Let's put it this way, conservatives felt the same way about the individual who occupied the White House prior to Trump, it's just that conservatives don't have time for senseless protests and foolishness.

Anyway, it will all be moot once Kavanaugh is appointed. I'm rooting for another appointment during Trump's term!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: