View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Hey, I got to thinking about this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless
For $1.25/hour, I will be happy to paddle my kayak back and forth from the Fl 3 buoy to Penney Island, maybe 100 yards(?), and hold up a 45mph/25mph sign to approaching boats. After dark, watch for me in the kayak with the kerosene hurricane lantern.

What to use for a sign? How about the big lid fom a 30 gal trash can and some white paint. It has a handle, and can be purchased from you-know where, and makes a good target, too.........yikes!
Perhaps you could take this idea just a bit further. What you need is to get the State to pass a toll authorization bill for the Lake. Then you could set up a line across the channel. Hang a sign saying "Toll 25 cents". Upon paying you lower the line and allow the boat to pass. Accept the old tokens and I think the public will go along ! Mind you, I think the kayak might not be the ideal pursuit craft to capture the scofflaws, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Sign and waterproof paint = $1.97 @ Walmart
Nylon line with lead weights = $8.99 @ same
FLL in kayak being towed behind scofflaw cruiser by above line = priceless !