View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #36
ApS

Unhappy Too Long—Too Complacent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
But they just replaced the loam at the new McMansion/Mansion, it is not like it is new lawn. BTW, I love that house, I think it is very pretty.
Why lawns? Because they are pretty and in my opinion, there is nothing like looking at a long sweep of lawn from the shore. Besides, they were put in before we all knew how "bad" they are for the lake. Now you can't make a big lawn unless it is already there.
Since last week, that loam got spread out and that huge sweep has been re-sodded with grass.

The new second story—while nicely done, was absolutely necessary, as their new boathouse blocked their view!

The construction took three years, and many square yards of copper flashing was used; however, I question copper's use adjacent to the lake, as copper is poisonous to crayfish, and has been discovered to be questionable around fish.

The longer I view DES regulations around the lake, the more I appreciate their long-term goal to return Lake Winnipesaukee waters to the way they were—before Winnipesaukee "got discovered".

BTW:

Millstone Point looks nice from Ayers Point, but the view back—from their neighbor's dock—points to a problem with Tuftonboro's zoning regulations.

IMHO .

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote