View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizer View Post
For what should Bizer be looking?

As many of you know, Bizer spends a few of days in September surveying the lake. The lake level is low and the weather is usually dry. This is the best time of the year.

Bizer will be staying on Dow Island. We shall be checking for updates to our chart of the lake. If you know of anything that you think we should examine, please post it here or email us at updates@bizer.com or text/call us at 617-413-3940. We are looking for such items as
  • Buoys that may have moved. Even if a buoy moved and/or was reset by the Marine Patrol, we want to know about it. We want to insure we chart its exact position.
  • New buoys that are not on Bizer's chart (even if you think they were placed by private citizens)
  • Missing buoys
  • Shallow areas not clearly depicted on Bizer's chart
  • Any Elvis sightings that you would like us to confirm
  • Any island that is not on our list of islands
  • Any location which you feel Bizer has incorrectly reported the depth
  • Anything that you deem noteworthy and/or should be on Bizer's chart
Check out the West side of Farm Island. I was sailing with my Cape Dory Typhoon over there last week and I hit rocks. Looked down and saw large rocks all around me. And the area is very large where it becomes very shallow. My draft on the sailboat is 39". The area is midway between the red marker at the SW corner of Farm Island and the Northern part of Farm Island and NWZ zone. I believe it is 150' from shore. Never seen this before. I kayak over in that area but always close to shore. Since you are on Dow Island it is a short distance over to the Western side of Farm Island. Check it out and let me know what you think.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote