View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #36
Dave R

It was the first time using my new-to-me second boat on Winnipesaukee. I was rounding FL1 (did not know at the time that you can safely go on either side) headed toward the Governor's Island bridge from the Weirs channel on a busy Summer Saturday and the engine died. I began troubleshooting and knew it was an electrical issue rather quickly. I was busy rigging up a temporary power wire to hot wire the engine (which was proving a challenge since the wake action in that area made it like trying to work inside a washing machine) when a kind soul offered a tow to the nearest Marina. <5 minutes into the tow I spotted the kill switch lanyard and clip sitting on the cockpit sole; I had knocked it out with my knee. This was the first boat I ever owned that had one. Doh.

Later that same season was the one and only time I hit rocks with the prop on Winnipesaukee. It was right where the markers swap sides by Pistol Island and I took the "obvious" route. Forunately it was at idle speed and I had a spare prop.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote