View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default I know what you mean...

My wet suit shrinks over the winter too! That first dive each spring is such an embarrassment, I try to keep out of sight as much as possible. Talk about stress on the attachment points, when I pull the big zipper up all I hear is: "Don't break, don't break" and then it’s done... Ten pounds of (you know what) in a five pound sack. You think to yourself 'Man, have I let myself go over the winter I got to get back into shape again". Then its one giant leap for mankind as you hit the water and nearly bounce right back up on the dock again. Once in the water its all systems check as you hold you "BC" inflator hose over your head, push the dump valve and your ready to submerge. You hear the air rush out as you slowly sink... But wait, something is wrong, the water level is only partially up the mask and the air is all out of the "BC"! It's going to be a hard swim to the bottom where you settle down for the last minute system check; the weighs are fine, the buoyancy is good and dive system trims out good and you’re off onto the next underwater adventure. Once back to the surface and it time to doff the suit and you slip right out, it amassing how much weight you lost during the first dive of the season.

So, I guess the moral of this story is; take your boat cover for a swim along the bottom and it will fit ever so much better.

PS: For throes non-divers a “BC” is a buoyancy compensator, the vest that holds the tank, weights, knife, tools, snacks and the air bladder.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote