View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 09:26 AM   #41
XCR-700

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Most people go to the lakes region for peace and quiet. Not to listen to boys play with their toys.
Interesting comment, and it may or may not be true, or maybe more region specific.

I literally just said to my wife how I love to come to Winnipesaukee to listen to power boats. As a child there was nothing better than hearing the drown of a boat at night making its way up or down Alton Bay. The way the sound just hangs in the bay is so unique and soothing and just speaks to my brain. And for 58 years it remains just a soothing and enjoyable. And to a lessor extent when in Northern NH or Maine, the sound of snowmobiles on a long trail creates a unique sound that I could almost record and play at home.

Clearly people have very different preferences and its unfortunate that these differences are so extreme and polarizing.

For 100+ years people have come to Winnipesaukee and the the lakes region for their various reasons and there have been all kinds of changes and dust-ups of the changes, but never have I seen so many problems as the last 20 years with the migration of so many from Massachusetts to NH and looking to change what it was to something else.

And please dont interpret my comments to be mean anything specific other than what I said.

I am not looking for my nostalgic memories and current preferences of open and above the water line exhaust classic boats to become 120 MPH races by novices in cigarette boats across the Broads, not do I believe the right to shoot on your own acreage (in a safe manner) should universally be allowed to evolve in to a massive shooting range for uber high power or automatic weapons.

Good Luck to all in sorting this mess out,,, Its not going to be easy to find the balance here and with the people involved.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: