View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 08:19 PM   #33
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

When shopping for tires it really pays to do some research... As for where tires are made, honestly I wouldn't worry much about that... To be sold here in this country there DOT requirements that have to be met for passenger vehicle tires...Note when you here about trailer tire blowouts, if the tire is marketed as a trailer tire, the requirements are different. I don't by trailer tires, I spend the extra $$ and put vehicle tires on my trailers when needed....

With that said, there are many off shoots of the Major players in the game...
For instance I just bought some tires for my wife's car made by Starfire.. Doing some research Starfire tires are designed by Cooper.... I have enjoyed cooper tires forever.... So the choice became easy... After getting them on the vehicle I could see that they where an older cooper design, and when driving, had the distinctive hum, the ended the design being sold as a cooper tire, and caused a redesign of their passanger touring tire....Bottom line I can live with the hum, and save some $$.. (for reference the new cooper design was >200 dollar more...