Thread: Gypsy
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #1
Trimmership

Default Gypsy

I noticed a few posts here about Gypsy, so I wanted to list a little information here about her. She is a 1947 Shain Airflow Trimmership, billed as a 48' Yacht but she is actually 50'. She was built on Lake Union in Seattle and lived there her whole life, until November 2021.

I have dreamed of having a big wood cruiser on the lake since I was a child and I feel immensely blessed to have had the opportunity to bring Gypsy to Winnipesaukee. She is very rare and beautiful. She came across the country on a yacht trailer, to Silver Sands. I have know the Fay's for years and have had wood boats there but Gypsy is too big for them to launch. She spends off season in a barn I built for her at my home in Gilford.

I spent considerable time getting her ready for this season and we had a wonderful summer getting to know her. I thank you to all who have noticed, waved and asked us about her. I really appreciate the recognition of the hours it takes to keep a large wood boat looking good and floating.

Sorry about the Glendale docks, I did not know there was a 30' length limit either. We only stop and go to pick up family and friends, something Mr Landry OK'd. We usually don't even tie up.

Gypsy will come out for the season next week. Hopefully we can squeeze a couple more cruises in before then.
Attached Images

Trimmership is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Trimmership For This Useful Post: