View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #46
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
The Weirs has always been lit up like that for as long as I can remember! Heck it was probably more lit up 50 years ago!

A lot of people have false or made up memories of the “glory days”.

Dan
Yes it was! And it was probably just as well lit 50 years before that in the 1900ish period of NH vacation destination glory.

Again, if the goal is to minimize lighting after some reasonable time of night, who could argue with that.

But to kill the majority of nighttime lighting is not too likely to happen and many will not support it. We have worked for hundreds of years to reach the point where we dont live in a dark world. And put aside normal interior and exterior lighting, we have a whole industry built around decorative lighting for no other purpose than to illuminate our homes and special places like waterfront property.

As I have said in the past, balance is the hardest thing to achieve in any matter. And I feel certain there is balance to be had here, but it would at best reduce lighting not shut the lights out. But without the right approach, even that will go no where and the lights will stay on and we will probably only see more and more of them in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: