View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:08 AM   #17
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Since this is a "boom" note, I'll take it off on a tangent. Climate change is a relevant issue for the lakes region and there is plenty that can and is being done, beyond carbon release. For example, the Loon Preservation Committee grows the loon population in the area using floating nests with sunshades. Climate change is pushing the population north to Canada, eh, and our loon population is much greater here because of LPC. About half the loons hatches are on artificial nests. Another aspect is water quality. Climate change related earlier ice melts and more frequent high-volume rain events are accelerating aging of the lakes. Many groups are involved in slowing the aging through analysis, conservation and regulations. In this forum, it isn't relevant to talk about how the rest of the world is coping with climate change but is a perfect place to discuss local impact and actions.
Lots of national issues it would be fun to discuss but that's for other forums.
As far as the loons are concerned,I know several loons and they have told me that dramatic climate change has always occured and it is now just a grab for money,power and control
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: