View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 08:59 PM   #14
John Mercier

It doesn't relate because NH, and the Lakes Region, doesn't have a particular history of violence; firearm-related or not.

There is no NH legislation that would come from this incident or any other of the countless media newscasts on the subject, that would even impact the Lakes Region in the most minor of issues.

NH's protection of personal firearm ownership, and the laws/regulations that stem from it are governed by NH Constitution Part First Article 2-a... making personal firearm ownership a property right.

2-a is only overridden when someone else has a stronger property right.

For instance, I have the right to free speech... I do not have the right to free speech while occupying someone else's property without the expectation of removal as a trespasser.

The reason that the webmaster, here or on Facebook/etc, has the power to block a thread, remove a post, shutter an account, etc... it is their property.

The property right is the subject of Part First Article 2... of which the above spoken of 2-a is a subset.

Market Basket, or any other private property owner, has those property rights... and they can never be overcome by the directive that these people seek.

The residents of NH are never going to implement legislation that suggests as long as I am carrying that I can go wherever I want and not be charged with trespass.

The reason climate change isn't an issue... is because nothing that I, or may anyone, can perceive is going to have one iota on the amount of carbon that we release in the region. But if it were an issue relate to the area... maybe legislation that affects boating or some other related item; then it may make some sense to explore. But beyond that, it just simply is not related to the Lakes Region.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: