View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Tonight was the most bipolar dining experience I've ever had. I stopped at the High Octane Saloon, the newish version of the Broken Spoke, and, when I got there, waited about five minutes before going to a barmaid if I could sit anywhere. She said yes, so I went to a table and sat...for ten minutes. Eventually, I went back to the bar and asked if it was indeed a restaurant and was met with...disinterest and a "sure, I'll get to ya."

Eventually, a wrinkled sheet of paper was tossed at me with a "here's the menu." I ordered chicken fingers, sweet potato fries (not realizing the chick fingers came with fries), sweet Thai chili wings, and fried mozzarella triangles. I enjoy variety but clearly got carried away.

The food was PERFECT bar food and my God is it a good value: $.50 wings, $8 fingers/fries and mozzarella wedges, $5 sweet potato fries.

Somewhere in the middle, a second waitress started connecting with me, and she was great—kind, funny, attentive—and it became a tale of two personalities.

I'm totally gonna come back, but I hope to get the good people and service next time because this place could be a big hit with my wife and kids (non-motorcycle-event times, of course).

If you're looking for very good bar food, check this place out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I’ve been there and I agree it is good bar food with great atmosphere but I do find the staff a little lackadaisical and maybe more attentive to the regulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote