View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #95
Irishfan

Sad to learn the waterslide is being torn down. I remember it much different growing up spending summers at the Weirs. My uncle has a small seasonal cottage within walking distance of the Weirs. There were, I think, four waterslides total if my memory serves me correct. No cheesy volcanoes or any other props that take away from the attraction. Even my dad and uncles went down the slides. Great memories. That volcano looked like it was about to fall over any second.

I remember getting up early and going to the country store at the top of Lakeside Ave. for the fresh donuts they made at the store. Anybody else remember those? They were the best. Learning how to waterski with the old orange life jacket. Going to the arcades to play skeeball and save up your tickets all summer to get decent prizes. Last time I visited, most of the games in the arcades were out of order and there were a few skeeball games but it just wasn't the same. How bout those bingo and poker machines with the pink rubber balls? Great times.

I'm usually a lurker but just had to throw in my two cents. Sorry to rant.
Irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irishfan For This Useful Post: