Thread: Pier 19
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 05:40 AM   #37
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I don't get to that part of the lake often. Sooo...

I's closed, but no "For Sale" "For Rent" signs? No postings here about its availability?

Instead of whining about it being closed, you should get 200 local customers to buy stock at $2500 each and reopen with hired management. You may not need that much, but most ventures like this fail because they are udercapitalized. So, over 5-10 years, it makes a profit and you can cash out. Or, it fails and your (grand)children have some memories of a boat ride for ice cream and gas. Save gas instead of hovering around Wolfeboro and great memories. PRICELESS.

We hear on this Forum about semi-retired folks opening businesses in Wolfeboro 'cuz that;'s what they always wanted to do. No profit motive. Tell me there aren't people like that in the area of Pier 19. Someplace there is a web page just for this funding purpose.

Do it.

Thank is an ambitious plan and with 200 voices and 200 opinions it would be set up to fail. Can’t run a small business like a public company even with a management company running the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote