View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #74
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post

The problem here is the petitioners provided ample evidence of damage ($ and bodily) while the group that wanted it thrown out didn't provide sufficient evidence to turn it down.

I agree with you in this case, I did not notice if they actually provided evidence or just word of mouth. I do not recall seeing proof of repairs or evidence, at the same time though, it could be reasoned that these damages could have been a result of a boater not following the rules, or they just simply not tying their boat up correct or any of the other major factors, I can certainly understand damage to property on the land whichever the case may be. I have also fallen off my boat when buttoning it up while wakes/waves were coming in on the bay, it happens, my mistake for not paying more attention, also my wife has fallen getting onto the dock from wakes coming in or the wind generating waves sometimes can't tell which is which

IMHO what I saw in this case was a lack of common sense on the committee's part to make a decision based lake operation/navigation as a whole. personally I wont mind the longer enjoyment of the lake to get to the town docks, but its not going to change the results of the previous NWZ - again wakes and waves travel and only have a chance to build up the longer they travel