View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #43
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
I am a surfer and wakeboarder and my stereo is just simply not anyone else's concern. I wrote the check for the boat not anyone else on the lake so I will listen to it or drive it as loud or as fast as I want or am legally allowed too. Sounds harsh but lets get serious you really are worried about what everyone else thinks before you do things? And no on a 71sq mile lake its not common courtesy.

But, If you approached me politely or even semi respectfully and asked me to turn it down I would, ( 1 or 2 guys on the lake we see frequently skiing will pull up to us and ask us to leave so they can get some calm water runs in, and there is no issues there, we respect that because we are looking for the same thing) if you pulled up like the OP probably would based on his post I would probably tell you to pound sand. There are ways to approach each subject and I treat people the way they treat me.

Do I say to my self I shouldn't play my stereo because it might be loud? If its not too early in the AM No, but I don't want my neighbor mowing his lawn on Sunday mornings either but guess what that is life. Id rather see someone enjoying the lake pulling their kids around behind the boat listening to whatever they want and me not like it then be a miserable person sitting on my dock complaining about other people having fun using the things they worked hard for.

Other thing for tower speakers, if you say they project across the entire lake 360º you don't know what your talking about. If you get on either side of the boat you wont hear those rear facing speakers like you think. They are directed for a reason. You will hear them at 22MPH and 70 feet behind the boat if they're good speakers but not upfront in the bow.

My surf boat exhaust at surf speed is between 80-95db, 2750RPM, speakers at wakeboard speed and volume are at 115db. Loud yes, but you'd be surprised how quickly you don't hear them anymore when you lean outside of the wake.

The like 6 minute solo to Stairway to heaven literally blows your hair back.

Just some "edumacation" for you non surfing folks.
You can obviously do what you want, but It is others concern, simply because they have know choice in the matter. We have a neighbor here on our little street that cranks the music all weekend every weekend & whenever he's home during the week, outdoors mind you. Though he also has the right to do what he wants, everyone hates him. He's also what is known as white trash, It's an entire way of life to fit the label,but disrespect towards others, especially the one's you are around often, Is the #1 criteria for the label.

Last edited by noreast; 06-29-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling again
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote