View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #40
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Buying a go-fast after the speed limits got passed......how's about that? I smell a bargain boat, super-duper second hand, low price deal at work here. Never underestimate the power of a low price boat, whether making the purchase is totally not practical. Could be that someone fell in love with a boat and could not resist the low price on a second hand cream puff, or something. TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE! ....and is there any chance of posting a photo of the bargain boat?

And along the same line of thought, right now what with gasoline close to four dollars/gallon is probably a good time to buy a large used pickup truck as a tow vehicle to be towing the go-fast down to the freebie public boat launch in Portsmouth on the Piscatua River to access the atlantic.
FLL, why are you jumping on "go fast boats"? My Four Winns Bowrider can exceed 45 MPH. Is it a go-fast?

Since you bring up towing, there's more risk of injury and death by driving to and from the lake than being on the water. Fact.

Lastly, many people are towing their boats illegally with overloaded axles. The listed dry weight of my boat and trailer is under 5000 lbs. I've had it on a scale and with fuel, toys, etc it's well over that. I've seen people towing the equivalent of my boat with midsize trucks that clearly have no business pulling it down the road. If they were stopped by the police and had the axles measured they would be written a fine but the police tend to leave most people alone on this one. If that truck/boat were involved in an accident is also increases potential liability. It's not just "go-fasts" who need to look at bigger tow vehicles. Food for thought.