View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #218
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
I can't even figure out how to respond. You are criticizing MY grammar? Even when I jumble the words around I can't guess what this was supposed to mean. Please say it in English.

I truncated "and actions" from the quote because there have been no actions. But this shows the mentality of the people we are dealing with here. You think I want to make friends with people like this? Besides the guy who claims to be a boater yet seems logged into this forum 24-7 and has not had a non-SL post since he joined (be HE is not a troll), I feel like I'm debating with a bunch of leg-breakers. And this behavior is supposed to help you with Concord? I disagree on what the best compromise is, so people are conducting covert operations to find out where I live and calling my home to harass, and you justify such outrageous behavior because I allegedly "have not offered one compromise" (that suits you).
I will say it again. The current law is a perfect compromise between the mayhem we had on this lake up until 2007 and the "Golden Pond" that nobody really wants or expects. It allows boats to go pretty darn fast (up to 45 mph) anywhere on the lake that is not restricted by some other pre-exisiting law, and it leaves almost all of the other lakes open to whatever behavior you guys deem "prudent". That sounds like a pretty fair compromise to me.
You guys want a compromise of the compromise, but that is not compromising, it is taking. The SL law is working just great. I was out on the lake for 6 hours this morning and saw one boat that might have been breaking it. The weather has been great for over 5 weeks straight now, so that is no longer an excuse. Crowds of tourists are back, so that is no excuse. Gas is much lower this year so that is no excuse. You guys simply cannot accept the fact that the SL was a good idea, has worked, and should be made permanent. We will never agree, and I will not suggest some "compromise" to take us back towards the troubles that got us here.
Harass all you want. I'll be back on the lake enjoying the civility in three minutes while you guys sit by your computers calculating my daily boating time to try to disprove it.

Broadhopper, Hope my grammar, text, and phrases were ok.
Since the speed limit is working "so well", we should probably fight to get them to bring it down to 35 mph during the day and 15 mph at night! That will SURELY solve all the problems on the lake...If that doesn't work next year, we'll have to fight for 25 day/5 night!