View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #49
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
When I applied for and received my 10% discount, my understanding was that the military discount only applied to active duty and retired service members. Being in the military or even a veteran was not enough. In order to receive the discount, I needed to present my U.S. Army Reserve Retired identification card (DD Form 2 (Res.Ret.)). It appears that service members with a service-connected disability and a VA ID card may also be eligible.
Maybe when you were applying, you were talking with a Lowe's person who was misinformed. The Lowe's 10% military discount program applies to any active and reserve members of the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, National Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the United States Public Health Service (USPHS).

It also includes all individuals who are retired from the US armed forces or who have been discharged (e.g., honorable, under honorable condition, general). Individuals dishonorably discharged or for bad conduct are not eligible to receive a military discount.

So, being in the military or a veteran is enough to get the Lowe's 10% military discount, as long as the individual did not receive a dishonorable discharge or the Big Chicken Dinner (bad conduct discharge).

https://www.lowes.com/l/in-store-ser...iscountProgram
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: