View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 AM   #8
Donzi Minx

Default db levels

As a Donzi owner who has mufflers, and has been tested, I still don't think I am much louder than the old inboard Century's that the MP used to run. I was headed east behind Diamond island at 7:00 PM one August night with my son, and the MP passed me going west. We were the only two boats in that area of the broads. My son informed me that the MP had turned around and had his blues on. When I asked the MP why he had stopped me, he replied "I think you are too loud". I Did the complete test, out by Timber Island a week later, static at idle, quarter throttle, half throttle, and full throttle, and passed. Although I have nothing against the Harley Davidson brethren, it does seem a little odd to me that a single boat would be targeted, versus how many bikes during the Laconia thrash. Should we start to target the radial engines of yesteryear flying above?
If you are going to apply noise standards shouldn't it be consistent across the board? As someone who is just to the right of Rush Limbaugh, please don't turn the Granite State into Massachusetts. Just my .02.