View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #28
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Barndoor Guy View Post
Yes TiltonBB this is a joke, a parody. I am suggesting that these Swim "Rafts" have become too big and tall. What happened to the 10'x10' wooden raft atop 55 gallon barrels? I believe the state didn't need to permit these rafts because they small and unobtrusive. Now that has changed!
I think the state needs to enact regulations on swim "Rafts" There needs to be size and height restrictions, permitting and maybe even taxes! Hell I get taxed on my docks and breakwater.
I'm not a fan of regulation, but people have pushed the limits by purchasing monster "Rafts" that uglyfiy the shoreline and impinge upon the neighbors views and property values.
The state would not allow this in any other park, why should Winnipesaukee
be different?
Hell of it is many of these hardly if ever are used so they are an eyesore for months for no reason. Be one thing if there were a ton of kids all over them but most of the time I drive by these things they are used as much as the house they sit in front of... not much if ever.

At some point I believe the regulations will come, as you point out, in the beginning there was a swim raft. Now we have floating jungle gyms that cover 1/2 and acre.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote