View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
VtSteve

Default Live and let whom live?

Yes APS, the lake is "for everybody". There's certainly no shortage of boneheads, or arrogant people, whether they are camp boaters or non-camp boaters. You're usually pretty biased, so I'm sure the camp counselor story was for balance, something that may have shocked you into posting. The PWC driver looks to be a cowboy

I can't think of a vessel type I've not seen a bonehead in. I encountered two kayaks this past weekend, both a dark, rusty brown color, out paddling in a very busy channel, about 4 miles from land. This is at about 3:00 PM. I should have taken a video of this particular instance. There were four fairly large (30' to 38') sailboats heading fast racing back to port. Since there were cruisers heading the other direction, the sailboats kept course moving at a pretty good clip. At that point, the kayakers had little choice but to keep paddling in between two of these massive vessels. A shot of the kayakers looking up as the sailboats passed them would have been priceless. There probably wasn't more than 25 yards between the sailboats.

I also encountered a small Hobie Cat (again), that almost hot me broadside. (I was at anchor) Again!

They say it takes all kinds, but I still don't buy it.
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: