View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
If you consider a lobster boat a "yacht" LOL. No question the camp boat throws an mean wake, but personally I've never seen reckless behavior from the pilot - and I see their dock from my porch and they pass around the SE tip of Bear multiple times daily. I see a lot of truly reckless behavior by water skiers in that general area, however, (right of way violations, 150 ft rule violations, failure to maintain a safe watch with the pilot staring back at the skier while executing a turn into oncoming traffic, etc.).

If I had a dollar for every boat of every type that has passed within 150 ft of me in violation of that rule, I'd be retired already. The truth is, way too many boaters don't think the rules apply to them. I hardly think this is a "camp" issue but that's not my agenda.
It isn't a "camp" issue. Someone was just bringing up an incident or two, and a few happened to be "camp" boats. You wouldn't have commented otherwise right? You have you own agenda, this isn't one of them MI.

Fact is, there are many issues left unaddressed on the water, probably about 98% of them. Yes, the camp boats are routinely a PITA. The CL boat always ran from shore to shore like it was a cruise ship, with a wake to match. Imagine the erosion it has caused over the years.

So now MI, you "see a lot of truly reckless behavior", by "water skiers" no less. So have all of us, many, many times. Glad you could catch up and join in on the discussion.