View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
I have always wondered what it is like at depths of 70, 80 or even 100 feet down in Winni? It fascinates me because I don't think I am brave enough to do it.

I have this vision of crazy huge fish, dark and scary ha ha ha. Anyway can you even see anything down that far? How long does it take to get down 85 feet anyway? It's like one of those things that I have so much awe and respect for as it is way way out of my comfort zone. I prefer to be on TOP of the water.
You can get down to 80-90-100-110 or more as fast as you sink depending on your weighting. In one of our local spots here at home, we routinely drop to 90 feet within a minute or two. It's coming up that you want to do sloooooooooooooooowly.

In Winnipesaukee, it's typically "lights out" (or, rather, "lights on") when you get to 70-80 feet, and then pretty much a black out below that level. But it depends where you are. We had a fairly dark dive dive to 50-55 feet on Thursday.