View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #25
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
You know, when I was reading the threads before this, I was in agreement with everyone that it was time to close the speed limit subforum.
However, after reading airwaves post above, I believe I have changed my mind, or at least I am having second thoughts. He makes a great point that the legistature does read this forum. If there is no speed limit debate, at least a public one such as this, the perception by the legislature may be that the speed limit is acceptable to the boaters on the lake.
It will be hard to put a concrete value on the effects of the speed limit, but there needs to be some place to talk about the merits of it (if there are any).

Thank you Don for all you do for the forum. Having been a moderator at another forum, I can appreciate the work that you do.
Chip,

Good points-do you think a forum poll could accomplish the same thing without the bickering? Perhaps we could all be limited to one response? I am not sure what type of controls (automated) can be implemented to ensure only one post per user, etc.