View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
bilproject

Default Our Boat is our Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Docking (parking???) in Meredith is already a decent challenge on weekends. The wait time can be a pain as it is.
I would think all the restaurants/shops in that area would be against this, as they all compete for dollars.
The only people this will benefit is the island property owners, and absent an emergency, I guess I don't see why any such priority should be given. Maybe it is lost on me.
Again, absent an emergency.
My boating time is limited, just as their's is.
Island residents pay a lot of taxes to the town. Our only return is public parking and docking. I live on Bear Island and do not go to Meredith and frequent businesses because I can not be assured of at least some limited parking reserved for Island Residents. Once I go to my car I will go somewhere other than Meredith for dinner or shopping. So from my perspective the businesses should think this a good idea. Also remember we are talking about Shep Brown's and Cattle Landing as primary town docks used by Island people. Sheps is the only business at one (there would be plenty of public parking for those going to Sheps Marine store) and Cattle Landing has no accessable commercial establishments
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote