View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #82
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
Well if they read the forum then they apparently don't care to listen to the majority and instead fall victim to the fear factor, which is unfounded. They should also know they won't get my vote next time and hopefully others here will let them know where their votes are going. I sat in the public meeting in Concord and couldn't believe what I was hearing, mostly rhetoric and catch phrases, like the wild west, and such. Anway I hope this move gets defeated as wellas those who voted it in, I don't want to be represented by people who can't see through the bs.
First, in NO WAY do I condone a speed limit. I go 65 ALL THE TIME in my jet ski regardless of the speed limit. I do it the same way I've done it for the past eight years, properly and safely.

The law is completely irrelevant to a majority feeling on the topic. It's about what SOME (few) believe is a safety issue. If it was about majority, this world would be screwed hahaha. For instance, I think you would probably see a majority of people for 75mph on I-93 rather than 65mph...Gotta draw the line somewhere.

It truly is a hard topic/discussion. I personally (and I'm sure some will agree) believe the speed limit is the LEAST of problems on this lake. Too many operators buy new boats, rent boats, etc. without knowing how to operate them. They don't educate themselves, they aren't familiar with the lake, etc. These are the problems (along with the obvious drinking and operating) that we face. Speed limits are irrelevant to this issue. The lake will never be perfect, but as stated many times, if the laws in place could simply be enforced regularly, many will feel safer and be happier.

I am FOR a speed limit after dusk. There needs to be a line drawn there. It is extremely dark on the lake. Proper judgement needs to be used, as stated in the law currently. Plain and Simple.

Here is a new thought (I think)...How about simply enacting a Lake Winnipesaukee License. Can't operate on the lake without proper certification. The exam should be relevant to all of the rules that apply to Lake Winnipesaukee. Just a suggestion...disagree and I'll take no hard feelings.

Wow, it's way too hard to convey one's thoughts and feelings about this issue by typing. In a normal conversation, I would have much more to bring to the table. However, I simply don't have the time to write a novel. :-)