View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #33
jondx52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
In a 16' boat with an OB, I would agree that driving further north and launching around the Lee's Mill area would be a great trip, very scenic and much more like being on a small lake especially on a weekend. The big down side is that there is not really any place to go dock and get out and walk and get food and stuff like that. With a chart plotter and paper chart you should be able to keep yourself out of trouble, especially in a boat that doesn't draw much.

My second choice would be Roberts Cove and making the run from there to Wolfeboro. You'd have the ability to dock and get out walk around get food, check out the small shops and then could cruise along the shore down towards Alton Bay. There is a bunch to explore in that area and it tends to be not as rough on the weekends.

The north west portions of the lake, north of West Alton, Rattlesnake, Meredith, Wiers, Paugus Bay are extremely busy and rough on the weekends. We cruised over to the Weirs/Paugus on my 24' boat from Moultonboro on a Saturday afternoon and it was a rough ride once we got close to those areas. We also took a pretty good wave right over the bow entering the Paugus Bay channel because every yahoo in their 30'+ boat feels the need to hammer the throttle as soon as they clear the no wake buoys even if there is a line of boats waiting to enter the channel

If you enjoy boating Winni is one of the best places in the area to do it. There is no shortage of things to do/places to see. My family will be up at our cottage on Upper Suncook the week of the 17th and were going to make a day trip up to cruise around Winni for the day during the week, probably launching at Shibley's in Alton or Robert's Cove. Would love to show you around if you can make it up during the week! Have fun and be safe out there!

Anthony

Thank you! All of this info has been great. I am going to hold off for this coming Saturday I think just because its probably going to be a zoo. I likely will get to Winnisquam early just to get to a sizeable lake up in that area and then maybe during a coming week I will make a trip up to Winnipesaukee.

Thank you for the offer too, might have to take you up on that
jondx52 is offline   Reply With Quote