View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Default .... ye olde sand man?

Back around 1971, I can recall following a large dump truck up Rt 49 to go skiing, and there was some old guy in the back of the dump truck using a shovel to toss sand out the back, over the big tailgate, and onto the road. The truck had a big plow out front and the dumper bed was enclosed with a canvas top probably to keep the sand dry, and under the canvas this old guy was all waving and smiles to other cars like he was goofy or something, while he shoveled the sand out over the tailgate that was set at about 45-degrees ... it was a rural NH item ....say, would you just look at this ....is he drunk ..... or what?

This is true .... this really happened ....ayuh .... a would-be photoscenic NH postcard classic?

That's what you need, someone standing in the back of your pickup with a shovel and a good attitude ..... to get it done ... someone losing their mind to dementia or something!

Me ..... after many years of sanding experience ....along the walkways in my mega million dollar waterfront estate .....I use a very large, red, plastic funnel for a hand held spreader, a 5-gal bucket for positioning, and the $3.25/50-lb bags of all purpose sand .... is important to keep your sand dry ..... and you just shake it around ..... out the skinny funnel bottom .... as you go ...

What's really key to making this work good is using a red funnel ....it has to be the color red ....something about a large red funnel for spreading sand .... is a match that just works correct ....take my word ...I know about things like this ......make it a large, RED funnel ....you got that ...... color it red! It wants to be a big red funnel for spreading sand around the walkway and driveway area. Red will work the best!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-08-2018 at 01:18 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote