View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #12
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
FLL is not on probation by me or restricted in any way. However, I still may be the cause of his absence.

Although I've received a lot of complaints about some on his posts, I've always welcomed and defended his participation. In over 5500 posts by him I've rarely moderated anything, even when the posts were inappropriate for the topics being discussed. I've met Walter several times and have even been at his house in Meredith.

In April he posted something in a thread that I thought was completely irrelevant and inappropriate to the thread. I removed the post hoping to send a message to tone it down a bit. He hasn't logged in since then. I've done that a few times before in the 15 years+ he has been a member. He never seemed to have a problem with those little slaps on the wrist but this time he apparently couldn't tolerate it. I'm hope I'm wrong and he's just off on a nice vacation somewhere.
I tend to think that you haven't offended him, If you did his skin has gotten much thinner than before. I hope that he is just distracted by a big sale at Walmart or something, or even better, that he discovered he could get an employee discount at Walmart by working part time and that is where he is spending his spare time to save on cheap stuff.

I definitely don't agree with the guy's politics, but he certainly knows how to stir it up and I have to admire that. I hope he is ok.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote