View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
hilltopper

I went out on Sunday exploring around the house in Meredith. Was feeling pretty beat from sledding in northern VT on Saturday so didn't intend on putting on a lot of miles.

Went 15 north into Center Harbor. Trails were decent. I don't think they had been groomed Saturday night. Fairly thin in spots but these spots would certainly be harder to notice after a fresh groom. Is there a way to get onto the ice in Center Harbor from trail 15? I remember the intersection where the trail left the powerlines, but there was no signage telling me where I'd end up if I stayed on the powerlines.

Turned around before I got to Lake K and headed south on 15. Wanted to find how to get onto Meredith Bay and wanted to find out how to get to Waukewan. I found both, but there are a ton of turns between Keyser Road and Waukewan and none of the intersections are marked so it was more of an adventure than I thoguht it would be. I would have no problem helping out the club with signage but I don't know where the heck I am yet. Like you said OHR, the stretch between Meredith Ford and Waukewan was not good. If you hop on Meredith Bay, what's the first spot you can hop off and onto the railroad tracks to avoid this section for now?

Looking forward to getting out again and putting on more miles. Hopefully this little warmup (been hearing the "R" word) won't do too much damage.

FYI... My buddy is a Pepsi dealer in northern VT and all the stores he stops at are asking the same thing..."Where the heck is everybody?". If I had to guess I would say it's more money than people thinking there's no snow. Sure we had a warmup, be we also had the snowiest December on record.
hilltopper is online now   Reply With Quote