View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #41
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Some similar ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy
I have been thinking about this for awhile now. Is speed really the issue or is it ignorance/lack or courtesy?

{snip}

4. Study the areas of the Lake with the most congestion, and look at ways to control the boat traffic. Initially try NWZ's, but if the congestion persists, perhaps weekend only "safety zones" where a reduced speed is mandated.

{snip}

Woodsy
Just to comment on this 1 part of your post. I've guess I've said it enough times but there are places where "high" speed is OK and places where it isn't. Seems to me it wouldn't be hard to figure which is which and then make some practical decisions such that the lake isn't a quiltwork of speed zones. That way those who can't seem to play together can go to their "separate rooms" BTW weekend only speed limits was mentioned in an old post. Lastly I recall an article (Citizen, Fosters ?) where somebody who thought something should be done (!).... and suggested lighted/flashing/?? buoys to be placed in the bays and activated (to indicate speed limit) by the MP when they thought it was necessary. Not sure the last one was practical but it was creative (which I favor over practical at this moment). Just thought you might find these similar ideas interesting ...