View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #76
map

We are having a standard security system installed in our little house. It will work off the cell towers and will have monitoring. No camera.

Maybe sometime in the future we will get one, but to me the most important thing is that a siren goes off if someone tries to break into your house, we are notified, and the police are automatically called.

We lived secluded in the woods for 32 years and were fine with this system, though that one worked off a landline. We recently had installed fake cameras and put up signs that the home had video surveillance. Same with Beware of The Dog signs. The people who bought our house said they thought they were real. LOL! Bingo!- that was the point!

Sure- maybe cameras are somewhat useful, but I remember when I accidentally left a shopping bag with XMAS presents in it on the cash register counter at a drug store in the mall some years ago. The camera showed that the person behind me took it, but she did not pay with a credit card and the police said they had no way of finding out who she was just by looking at her face.
map is offline   Reply With Quote