View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #39
Descant

Thanked 1,515 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Descant,
I went to the Gilford Assessor's office and they provided me the addresses of Comps used. The Comps used were from Sales between 5/1/18 - 9/30/19. that you can then look up on line to compare to your property. I purchased my property 6/1/18, but it is not on that list, and not sure why ?

I did notice an address on that list, on my same road, only a few houses away, the sales price and assessment value was a difference of about $13k. $329k vs $$352k respectively. That house was purchased in Apr 2018.

My house was purchased in June 2018, for $329k and new assessed for $396k
Thats a tax valuation difference of $67k. So what makes my neighbor's house worth $45k less than my house, I have no idea ???? I have made NO improvements to my property since I moved in.

Honestly, I don't think if I put my house up for sale, I could get $396, not could I get a mortgage for that amount. If you want to buy my house for $400k, let's do the deal, you can have it all, I'll just take my clothes !
Thanks for the detailed response. The neighbor who went from $329K to $352K, and increase of 7% doesn't seem unreasonable in today's market place. (That's a difference of $23K, not $13K) Nevertheless what we see here makes $396 appear out of line.
As I understand it, assessments are supposed to be as of April 1 each year, so I don't know if a sale in September 2019 should be part of the calculation.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote