View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #27
Evenstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
An ant spray painted orange and wearing a strobe light would still be unwise to attempt to cross the expressway.
You know, it's comments like yours that really irk me. It's insulting and uncalled for. I really try to get along with everyone, but that kind of attitude makes it pretty much impossible. And then you guys wonder why paddlers and powerboat owners don't get along better. Give me a break.

First of all, my kayak is just as much a boat as the biggest and most expensive powerboat. Being human powered does not make it any less of a boat. After all, kayaks have been around a lot longer than power boats.

Secondly, the lake is not an expressway - it's a recreational body of water. It is for everyone to use, including kayaks. And we have the right to use just as much of the lake as the powerboats.

I'm really sick of the contention here that a sea kayak has no place being out on the main lake - especially when 99% of those comments come from people who have never even paddled in a sea kayak.