View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
dave603

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiej View Post
Years ago, at Cashman Park in Newburyport, there was no supervision and there would be knock down, all out brawls! On a typical Saturday in July, there would be as many as 50-60 boat trailers in the lot, and everyone would basically come back at the same time at the end of the day. It was great entertainment to grab an ice coffee and go down to the ramp about 4:30 and watch the action!
Something that really does irritate.

There's three people ( with family ) pulled up to the dock to go get their trailers.
Suddenly a number of Bass boat guys come in at the same time, and drop off a guy to go get their trailer ahead of the people already waiting for others to launch.

OK , no problem I'm not really in that much of a rush, I 'll wait, but I AM still blocking up the dock since i have been there waiting, we don't all have someone to go get the trailer in the ramp.

Thing that really ticks me off is after cutting everyone else off they insist on power loading , even when the signs tell them not too!
It's not so much a problem at some ramps, but is not a problem at all to Bass boats with a shallow hull.
Besides creating a problem at some ramps, At Winnisquam it chops up the damned milfoil, and it gets on my trailer after these jerks are on on their way home, and I get to pick it all off the bottom of my boat and trailer.

I'll also bet these guys don't bother to check their own trailers and boats for it and go to other lakes having a bass tournament the next day.
dave603 is offline   Reply With Quote