Thread: Tick Season
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 04:20 AM   #12
ApS

Thumbs up Maggie's Farm Is Huge in Insect Control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Cutter and Off have historically used Deet as the active ingredient, but in the last couple years have started offering products with Picaridin.

Deet feels gross and melts plastic, whereas I feel almost nothing with Picaridin. There are lotions and sprays, but I prefer the spray. This is what I use almost exclusively: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Pr...Ounce/54778302

For some reason, finding Picaridin-based products early last year and the year before was difficult, but this year it appears they're everywhere.

As I mentioned above, I've never bought Permethrin to treat my own clothes, but the hats I have that are pretreated have worked incredibly well, especially when paired with a spray.
The warnings to rinse off with soap and water in the instructions had me concerned, so I searched for an alternative. Maggie's Farm Organic insect repellent fit the bill.

Some complain that it feels greasy, but the feeling goes away almost instantly, and rinsing off the hands isn't necessary. (It's not at all like sunscreen lotion).

I bought four spray cans from Amazon after glowing success with one. Then a neighbor advised the repellent was being sold in our supermarket for $2 less!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote