View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 04:58 AM   #4
jeffk

?National Weather Service (NWS)Radar radar.weather.gov

I have used wunderground for years and have found it to be very good, probably the best choice of weather services I have run across. It is weak in a couple areas that Intellicast, no longer available, was great in.

First, future radar. Wunderground has it but only for the next 6 hours. Intellicast had it for a day out, which I found VERY useful for planning next day activities. I have found iWeathernet at https://www.iweathernet.com/interactive-radar gives 2 day future radar which I find useful at times.

Second, Intellicast gave very good historical summaries of temperatures by location. I could answer questions like "When is the average nighttime temperature above freezing?" and "When is the record low nighttime temperature above freezing?". I haven't found a good replacement for historical information. You can tease some of it out of wunderground but most services, understandably, are focused on current and predicted weather.

I have a Davis weather station but it is old enough that linking it to wunderground isn't possible. When it is replaced with either a Tempest or another Davis, I will. The only thing I don't like about Tempest is that they don't have a wall unit that displays the information. (Yes, you can check your phone but I like an "at a glance" display.) Their solution for that is to suggest you get a cheap tablet to leave on display, which I agree is a good solution for them but I am not enamoured of.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote