View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 10:41 AM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Like Green Eggs and Ham, it seems opinions on electric cars are split.

There's a group of people who have EVs who love them for their performance, economics, and/or environmental benefits.

There's a group that has never had one, doesn't really know the specifics or numbers, and thinks of all sorts of problems.

The one group that does not exist in any significant number is people who have EVs and do not like them.

"Try them, try them, you will see..."
I'm open to an electric vehicle, but the access to, and logistics of, just keep me from looking. What could replace my 4Runner in terms of utility/comfort/reliability is unclear as are the costs and how I'd need to retrofit my garage and camp for power. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is how it would fit into my life. I drive 20k+/year, often going back and forth to the lake and taking road trips, so where and how to charge is a real concern.

All of this is thrown out the window by simply pulling up to one of the thousands of gas stations.

That being said, a hybrid could potentially solve these, too, but with the increased complexity of two systems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote